I’m pretty sure that over time a lot of people would have started referring to this enterprising man as just Zamar. OB met him when he showcased in the ‘Save A Child through the Runway’ show some months back. This interview has taken quite a while to piece together but yep! Here it is…
Uzoma is a fashion designer and I must add he’s a damn good one. As chief couturier of Zamar Couture. He is Abuja based. Zamar is an immaculate young man. Without much ado…
- A Brief introduction (family, education, social Life, Work etc)
My name is EHIEMERE UZOMA ZOE, I hail from Imo state, Nigeria. Born into the family of Dr. Jude Ehiemere. I am the last of three (3) male children. An Economics Graduate of Covenant University. Presently I work as the chief couturier for ZAMARCOUTURE.
- What do you do? For how long?
I am a fashionista; I have been involved in it passively for 5years but actively for 3years.
- What do you think about the fashion culture in Nigeria?
First and foremost, I must say that the fashion trend in Nigeria is really a thrilling one. I must also give credits to fashion designers in Nigeria. Over the years, the fashion culture in Nigeria has transformed drastically. What I love so much about the fashion culture in Nigeria is the fusion of our Ankara fabrics to the Western designs. This makes our designs exceptional and unique.
- How fashion conscious are you?
I am 100% fashion conscious
- What extra efforts do you put to stay on top of your game?
I am always hungry to learn more, even from things that are relatively insignificant. I do a lot of work in my mind. I am always creating new styles and designs with my mind at each point in time.
- What challenges have you encountered so far?
I face challenges almost every other day, but the power of consistency is what keeps me on my feet. First and foremost, the Power issue in Nigeria is a great deal of challenge to me. Another challenge is being able to balance my fashion business with other aspects of my life, this is because asides fashion, I do some other things.
- What has been your lowest point so far?
Some years ago, I was not able to clinch a deal that would have sky-rocketed my clothing line because I didn’t have just a little capital need to initialize the project.
- What has been your highest point so far?
I have a lot of High points especially in the last one year. Seeing some of my designs on the international scene. Another would be seeing MI (Jude Abaga) wear one of the suits I made for him on Globacom Billboards. Lastly would be, when I see anybody wearing a ZAMARJESTY product.
- Has this always been your dream? OR would you rather be doing something else? (If yes, what?)
Fashion for me has always been something of interest, or you can call it a burning passion. So I would say I am living out my dreams.
- Generally, how has it been so far? (work)
Generally, work has been fantastic, all the thanks to God in heaven. A few ups and downs, here and there, but in all I still remain focused on the Big Picture.
- What designer labels do you patronize the most?
I really don’t have any. When I see something I like, and I have the money for it, then I go for it regardless of the name (but it has to be quality).
- What’s the most expensive item in your wardrobe?
That would be my wrist watches and shoes.
- What’s the most treasured item?
- Where would you consider the fashion capital of Nigeria?
It has to be Lagos.
- Which fashion trend would you love to end if given the chance?
If sagging of trouser is a Trend, then that would be it, otherwise, I can’t think of anyone now.
- Are you in a relationship?
Yes, I am
- What do you see yourself doing in the next five years?
Still running my clothing line basically but in an expanded capacity. I also would be doing some Human resource consulting also.
- Any last words?
Nothing is more expensive than a missed opportunity. Therefore I indulge everyone to prepare in readiness for any opportunity that has the capacity to turn your life around.
So, for the boys and men them; For your wardrobe management, fashion consult and image branding. Zamar Couture is your best bet!!!
Phone number: 07065440552, 08098289662